(Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
After you fill out your FAFSA application, you will receive your Student Aid Report (SAR). The response time and method vary depending whether you file online or by mail. We recommend filing online, as it is the quickest and most efficient way of applying.
To access your online SAR, follow these steps:
1. Have your social security number (SSN) and your FAFSA PIN.
2. Go to the FAFSA home page and click on “Log In” or “Start Here.”
3. Log in to the system using your First Name, Last Name, SSN, and Date of Birth.
4. Click on the hyperlink “View Student Aid Report PDF.”
5. Enter your PIN in the box and click “Next.”
6. Save the whole SAR to your computer as a pdf file. It is now ready to upload to the application.
Note: Make sure you turn off your pop-up blocker or allow the exception of fafsa.gov pop-ups for your browser.
The information from the Student Aid Report (SAR) that is required for the William Wiersma Scholarship is as follows:
1. EFC or Expected Family Contribution
2. Summary Information – usually in a grid format, summarizing the information you submitted in your FAFSA application.
3. Loan Summary – this is for college students only and summarizes all Federal Loans to date
4. College Rates – information about the retention and graduation rate for your college
For the most complete information regarding the FAFSA and SAR, please visit the website, http://www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Please note that the paper SAR that you receive if you file by mail may come in a 2 or 8 page report. Please scan all pages that you receive by mail to upload to your application. Problems? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUR PARENTS MAY ESTIMATE FIGURES AND DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THEIR 2015 TAXES HAVE BEEN FILED TO COMPLETE THE FAFSA.