Criteria to Apply
A scholarship for permanent residents of the Cambria/Friesland WI area, who demonstrate the ideals held by the William Wiersma Foundation: Scholarship, Integrity and Initiative.
Applicants must be:
- An entering or returning student at an accredited undergraduate institution in the United States and must be enrolled full-time (at least 12 hours).
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree (BA, BS, BFA, BSN, for example) for the first time. Students in one-year or two-year certificate or associate’s degree programs do not qualify. Students in five-plus year programs ending in a master’s degree program or beyond may apply for the first four (undergraduate) years of their programs.
- A United States citizen or noncitizen who has a current lawful presence in the United States and is eligible to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- A permanent resident of the Cambria/Friesland WI area.
- Have graduated from high school with a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Earn a score of 20 points or higher on the ACT college entrance exam
Financial circumstances will be considered, but do not determine eligibility, for this scholarship
Scholarship, Integrity, Initiative
- Demonstrate a desire to make a meaningful contribution to society both present and future
- Be involved in a balance of community, school and work activities
- Pursue goals and aspirations with integrity, resolution, self-discipline and judgment
Visit our complete Frequently Asked Questions section to find your answers, or to submit your own question.
The Foundation, in making grants, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, handicap or national or ethnic origin.